Size: 1 volume
The archives of the Ukrainian Cultural Society consist of minutes from 1943 to 1958. The minutes include information such as opening remarks, correspondence, election results, treasurer's reports, names of new members, and brief summaries of discussions.
The Ukrainian Cultural Society was established on February 28, 1943. The founding members were Anna Bilovus, Osyp Bilovus, Vasyl Furhal and Vasyl Kolodii. Mykhailo Kazymiriv was elected president at the subsequent meeting. The Society's mission was to bring Ukraine to the attention of Americans, as well as to raise awareness about Ukraine among Ukrainian-Americans. This mission was to be achieved partly through publication efforts in English and Ukrainian, such as the book Ukraine's Call to America printed in 1947. Meetings were held at the Ukrainian American Center, 2965 Carpenter Street, Detroit, Michigan.